Friday, April 3, 2009

Good Day Sunshine!


OMG! The sun it out ladies and gentleman! It hasn't happened in way too long!!!! Nothing gets my creative juices flowing like the sun. Living in the only land locked rainforest in North America can be a little grey sometimes. It feels like I am swimming for about 10 months out of the year.

I have been busy working on a scarf made from a funky vintage yarn called "Reynolds Classique." It is from France and was a gift from one of my friends. It smells like little old lady, but is absolutely beautiful. It is 100% virgin wool and looks like it is braided. The pattern I chose was the Berroco Wedge Scarf found on Ravelry. It has a nice balance of lacework and an interesting pattern. This yarn is perfect for it.

I am trying to finish the scarf before Sunday. My friend and I have tickets to see the Portland Premiere of "Handmade Nation." If you are not familiar with this documentary, you can check it out at www.handmadenationmovie.com

I am beyond excited for it! Here's to sunshine and inspiration.
April

No comments:

Post a Comment